PSWS Excellence in Diversity Award
Description of Award:
The PSWS Excellence in Diversity Award was created in 2015 by the PSWS Diversity Advisory Council to recognize and honor demonstrated commitment and outstanding efforts toward creating a diverse and inclusive community. PSWS will annually recognize one internal (PSWS) and one external community nominee(s) that meet the defined criteria. Nominees could be individuals, organizations, groups, or units.
Criteria for Awards
(must meet at least one of the following):
- Engage in meaningful diversity activities beyond one's responsibility in order to encourage excellence through inclusion in the PSWS community
- Demonstrate efforts that foster a more inclusive and equitable learning and work environment
- Show evidence of inclusive teaching and/or program development beyond responsibilities
- Conduct research and/or creative activity related to the experiences, realities, and/or contributions of ersons from less-represented populations
- Demonstrate leadership in programming, training, or other experiences which serve to advance diversity and inclusion at PSWS or the surrounding community.
Individuals or organizations can self nominate or be nominated using the designated nomination form.
- Nominees are encouraged from individual or groups of faculty, staff, student or community members.
- Nominations are to be submitted electronically to the office of the Chancellor on or before Monday, Dec. 5, 2016.
- Nominee must submit a detailed description of the initiative/efforts made that promotes diversity and an inclusive community and its impact.
- Nominations Review Committee consisting of FIVE members appointed by the Chancellor of PSWS will review nominations and submit recommendations to the Chancellor.
- One internal (PSWS) and one external community individual or organization will be recognized.
- PSWS will announce the results through a special recognition function on the Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday annually.
Recognition of Recipients:
In a special awards ceremony, coordinated with the office of Development and External Relations, the recipients will receive:
- A commemorative gift
- Media coverage
- An opportunity to share with the audience a description of the effort and its impact
Click here to see the program for the 2017 Martin Luther King Day celebration at PSWS, at which the recipients of the 2017 Excellence in Diversity Awards will be announced.